For ready made products please visit my online shop
The online shop is new so more products will be added as soon as possible.
In the meantime if you would like paper catalogues of handmade cards, pictures and accessories please send an e-mail to email@example.com so that these can be sent to you by post.
DISTANCE SELLING REGULATIONS FOR READY MADE PRODUCTS
for cards, prints, pictures, scarves, accessories and ready-made clothes purchased from stock by DISTANCE SALES (not ON-PREMISES OR OFF-PREMISES SALES)
I use my aesthetic judgement to create my products. The Customer will accept the products once completed unless the product is not substantially in accordance with the description. Please examine products with reasonable care before use and make any claims for faulty or damaged products or for shortages, in writing, within 14 days of the day after delivery. Products will be deemed to have been accepted unless notification in writing is received within 14 days of the day after delivery. Repaired or replacement products will be sent to the consumer for faulty or damaged ready made products which have been examined with reasonable care and returned with the original or suitable packaging. The cost of 1st class postage for returning faulty or damaged products to the Anne Fontenoy will be refunded. Proof of posting will be required if returned products are not delivered to Anne Fontenoy.
A refund will be given for written cancellations that are made prior to despatch of the order. Written cancellations will also be accepted up to 14 working days after the day of delivery of an order. Please return unused and undamaged products in the original or suitable packaging, but the customer bears the cost of return postage. Goods must be returned within 14 days of the date of notification of cancellation and refunds will be made within 14 days of receipt of the goods by the proprietor.
Please note that if a product is returned but its value has been diminished by the consumer handling it in a manner that is beyond what is reasonable to establish its nature, e.g. if the product has been worn, cleaned, used, damaged or altered by the customer, then I reserve the right to deduct a reasonable amount from a reimbursement or to make a charge for the diminished value.
If you wish to return products for repair or replacement or to cancel the order, it is advisable to retain a copy of your request in a durable form.
FOR CUSTOMISED OR PERSONALISED PRODUCTS
for cards, prints, pictures, scarves, accessories and clothes made to order, made to measure or customised for a consumer and purchased by DISTANCE SALES (not ON-PREMISES OR OFF-PREMISES SALES)
A repair or replacement will be offered if customised or personalised goods are received in a faulty or damaged condition, and will be made within 30 days of receipt of a written notice for claims if the products are returned to Anne Fontenoy, having been examined with reasonable care by the consumer and returned with the original or suitable packaging.
Please note that orders cannot be cancelled for any product that I make which is customised or personalised individually for a consumer, once a date has been agreed for the commencement of the work, although I can offer a 14 day cooling off period before production begins. If there is a specific deadline for the work to be completed by then I must have a reasonable period of notice to complete the work before the completion date for the making of the product can be agreed. Please remember that I am self-employed which means I run my own schedule making products which are my own designs, for multiple customers at the same time So when I am making my designs for customers they are not employing me but buying products from my self-employed company.
I use my aesthetic judgement to create my products and where possible for customised products, I will provide the customer with an indication, e.g. in the form of images, sketches, small swatches of materials, or small worked examples of embroidery etc. to indicate the look and feel of the product before completing the goods. The Customer will accept the Work once completed unless the Work is not substantially in accordance with the description.
Any repairs to products will be made by Anne Fontenoy at her place of work, unless otherwise agreed.
HOW TO MAKE A PAYMENT FOR OFFLINE ORDERS
All orders for cards, notelets, prints, pictures, scarves, accessories and ready made clothes must be paid for in advance.
BY DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD OR FROM YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT
Place your order by e-mail (or include your e-mail address with orders sent by post) and I can send a payment request to you in the form of an e-mail sent from the PayPal site which has a link back to the PayPal site. You do not need a PayPal account, but this link will enable you to make payments for my products, via PayPal, by debit or credit card. PayPal will send an e-mail notification to your of your payment very soon after you make your purchase. I will also contact you to let you know when your goods have been posted, and include any relevant tracking so that I will know when your goods have reached you safely. Payments made using PayPal are secure and are PCI DSS compliant (see their UK website for details).
FACE TO FACE CREDITAND DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS are accepted for chip and pin and contacless payments
PAYM mobile phone payments are now accepted using Pay a Contact on your mobile phone.
BY BANK TRANSFER
Please contact me and I will forward details to you for paying money directly into my business account. Online transactions are usually completed within a couple of hours using the Faster Payments Service that most UK banks now use, and often the funds are transferred within minutes of making the online transaction. These transfers are free of charges from my bank.
BY CHEQUE OR POSTAL ORDER
Please make these payable to Anne Fontenoy and send them to the above address. N.B. Post dated cheques are not accepted. 4 Working days is needed for cheques to clear from the day they are presented to my bank and I do not commence work or purchase materials until the cheque is cleared.
I will accept cash for goods sold in person to you or if cash is sent by an insured service such as Royal Mail Next Day Guaranteed Post.
There are no charges for automatic bank payments made by online banking or automatic telephone banking. These transfers are usually clear in my account within two hours of the transfer so these are the most cost effective and efficient methods of payment, particularly if I need to purchase materials to make a product because I will only purchase these once the customers’ payments are available as cleared funds in my bank account.
I reserve the right to ask for bank charges which may apply to cash or cheque payments but I will notify a customer about these before payment is due. Generally these are 1% of the value of the order plus 90p per transaction, although PayPal fees are usually 3.4% of the value of the order. This will only be if I ask for them so if no bank or PayPal charges are stated then none apply.
There may also be an admin fee for cash or cheques of £10.
NOTECARDS AND NOTELETS, GICLEE PRINTS, HAND PAINTED SILK SCARVES, ACCESSORIES AND READY-TO-WEAR DRESSES
Small orders for cards and notelets, allow 3 to 5 working days for delivery, recycled 300 gsm cards allow 2 to 4 weeks for delivery. For Fine Art cards allow between 1 to 3 weeks as card may need to be purchased to make the cards. Scarves, accessories and ready-to-wear dresses will be sent from stock within 5 working days of receipt of a paid order.
UK P&P 1st Class insured and signed for delivery
£2 to £10 = £3
£10.01p to £25 = £5
£25.01p to £75 = £7.00
£75.01 to £150 = £8.50
Over £150 – ask for details
PRINTS are made to order and are usually dispatched within 2 to 3 weeks of receipt of a paid order. Prints without a back mat will be sent in a tube. P&P for framed images, on request.
DESPATCH DATE Customers will be advised when the goods are despatched and the expected delivery date.
FAST TRACK ORDERS FOR ALL PRODUCTS : Price on Application (POA)
VAT- Please note that prices on this website do not include VAT as my turnover is below the threshold that requires registration for this tax.
PRICES on this website are valid until further notice
If you place an order as a result of visiting my website you are entering into a legally binding contract to which English law applies.
CONTRACTS WILL BE DEEMED TO BE BINDING ONCE ANNE FONTENOY HAS AGREED TO ACCEPT THE BUYERS’ OFFER WHICH UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED IS AT THE TIME THAT PAYMENT IS RECEIVED BY ANNE FONTENOY
If you are based outside the UK, and wish to place an order, please contact me before placing an order. This is so that I can contact my shipping agents and any relevant authorities to clarify purchase and shipping options before confirming any orders.
ONE-OFF CLOTHES PLUS ART & DESIGN WORKS
To order a one off garment, or for art and design commissions, these are best discussed face to face at an appointment. I am happy to receive preliminary enquiries by e-mail, post, or phone and it can sometimes be possible to complete these works successfully at a distance but please bear in mind that there is no cancellation right for made to order, made to measure and customised designs.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR CONSUMER ORDERS FOR MADE TO ORDER CLOTHES
In these Terms & Conditions ‘Anne Fontenoy’ is referred to as ‘the Proprietor’, the Consumer as ‘the Customer’ and the garment as ‘the Work’.
1. PRICES. The price is calculated @ £22.50 per hour plus the cost of materials. Fabric and haberdashery costs are subject to suppliers’ current prices prevailing at the date of this contract. Estimates are valid for 1 month from the date they are given to the Customer. Any changes to the design of garments will be charged at the prevailing hourly rat in addition to the original estimate plus any additional material costs. A final account will be given on completion.
2. PAYMENT TERMS. An advance deposit is due to confirm the order. The balance is due when the garment is completed (cleared funds). The Deposit is not returnable and there are no cancellation rights once the order is confirmed by the deposit, although the customer may withdraw from entering into a contract any time prior to the deposit being paid to the Proprietor. Payment is preferred by bank transfers which are free of charge, other forms of payment may be made such as cash, cheques, POs. Debit and Credit cards are accepted for chip and pin and contactless payments for face to face payments only. All distance credit and debit card payments are accepted via PayPal money request, although these may be subject to additional charges to cover banking costs which will be advised prior to the customer confirming the order. Post-dated cheques are not accepted. 5 working days bank clearance is needed on cheques before purchase of materials or commencement of work. Please make Cheques/POs payable to: ANNE FONTENOY. The Proprietor retains all title in goods until the final balance is paid when ownership passes to the Customer.
3. COLLECTION/DELIVERY. In general, goods shall be collected from the proprietor. If delivery is requested by the Customer, quotes for packaging and delivery will be given in writing to the Customer for approval prior to despatch. Deliveries will be despatched when the goods are finished and payment is received as bank cleared funds.
4. ACCEPTANCE. All garments are made using handmade techniques and all sewing is entirely by hand. The Proprietor will use her aesthetic judgement to create the Work and diligence and skill will be exercised in the execution of the Work. The Customer will accept the Work once completed unless the Work is not substantially in accordance with the description. Please allow up to 30 days after notification to the Propriertor for any defects in workmanship to be rectified.
5.1 The Proprietor may terminate the Work if the Customer is late in paying any sum due and a written request will be made for any outstanding amount. If the amount due is not paid within 30 days of written notice the Proprietor may terminate the Work and be entitled to a proportion of the final instalment due based on the stage of completion reached at the time of termination. If the Work is terminated legal title and ownership in the Work will be retained by the Proprietor.
5.2 Termination will be automatic on the death or incapacity of the Proprietor whereupon all payments due should be paid to the Proprietor or her estate and the Customer may keep the Work in progress and any preliminary designs for the purpose only of completing the Work by a person approved by the Proprietor or her estate. If the Customer does not wish to have the Work completed the Work in progress and the preliminary designs shall belong to the Proprietor or her estate.
5.3 The Proprietor will not be treated as being in default if there is any delay in completing the Work due to any cause beyond the Proprietor’s reasonable control.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The copyright and design right and all related rights in dressmaking patterns and original garments designs by Anne Fontenoy shall always remain the exclusive property of the Proprietor and the Customer will at all times acknowledge the Proprietor as creator. Any reproduction rights will require separate agreement in writing. The Proprietor warrants that the Work will be original and will not infringe the copyright or design right of any third party.
UK law is applicable to all contracts.
If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints about the goods or services that I provided please put these in writing and send them to:
36a Clifton Road
Kent TN2 3AR
Telephone (Monday to Friday, daytime only please) 01892 521153
Anne Fontenoy is registered with HMRC as a Sole Trader